Get going in 3 simple steps
and complete the Limitless quiz
about how to help Outlook.com customers
and complete the Outlook.com quiz
on the app
and get up to speed
What's in it for me?
Read all learning modules,
and complete all the quizzes
to earn your first €20 on the app
For every query you answer on the app
which gets positively reviewed by other Ambassadors
Great. What do I have to do?
You have 2 simple tasks as an Outlook.com Ambassador on Limitless – it’s super easy!
1. RESPOND to questions
In the app, you will find questions from customers. To earn money and points you just need to write a helpful response back. You can use the Knowledge Library in the app to supplement your answer.
To send your answer, you'll see 2 options - 'Respond & keep conversation open' and 'Respond & end conversation'.
- Choose 'Respond & keep conversation open' so that you can ask customers further questions to gain more information regarding their query. Customer’s queries can be very vague and therefore it is important that you use this option to probe further and keep the conversation going. By keeping the conversation open, you can own the whole conversation with the customer and earn the maximum fee allocated for resolving the question.
- Choose 'Respond & end conversation' if you can help resolve the customer's query in one single response, or if the customer has replied to confirm their issue has been resolved. If you use this option to prematurely to close the case when the customer needs further help, the customer can then reopen the question and you might risk losing a portion of the fees allocated to case resolution. So, make sure you've addressed the customer's query completely before using this option in the app.
- Please note that you wouldn't see the customer name in the Limitless app - so start your conversation with 'Good morning/afternoon/evening/Hi there etc..
2. REVIEW responses by other Outlook.com Experts
Reviewing is a key part of being in the Limitless Community. You will see tasks in your app labelled REVIEW. To review you just need to read the response another Ambassador has created and vote on it.
Remember, an Ambassador only gets paid if the review provided by peers is positive, so please review fairly. You would want them to do the same for you.
You may sometimes see that a customer has replied to an Ambassador’s answer which then appears as a Review task. Please respond to the customer’s query in this stance and do not 'like' or 'dislike' the reply. You have these options for a review task where the customer has replied:
- Either build-on in the 'reply' field, if you can help the customer
- Or if it needs to be escalated to Customer Service, press 'Forward'
- If you are not sure what to do, simply PASS the review task, so someone else can have a go
Additional useful tips for answering on the app
Select a response code and an issue when answering a query
Once you've created the perfect answer for the customer on the app, there are 3 important steps you need to follow.
- Select a response code: Select a response code from drop down option available on the app.
- Select the right option to send the answer: Choose 'Respond & close conversation' if you've resolved the query, choose 'Respond & keep coonversation open' if you need more information from the customer to help them.
- Select a relevant issue: Once you've clicked the relevant 'send' option, you are taken to your Response preview page. Here, you'll find an option to add an issue to your answer. Scroll down the list to add an issue which you think best represents the query asked by the customer. Please remember to add only one issue. Now you can send your answer to the customer. Don't forget to proof read you answer before pressing 'send'.
Super. What else do I need to know?
FORWARD if the query cannot be handled by an Ambassador
If the question is not appropriate for Limitless, you can FORWARD it. This will send the question on to the Outlook.com Customer Service team. Remember, forwarding a query correctly earns you points as well.
PASS when in doubt
If you’re unsure how to respond to a question, don’t worry. Select the PASS option and move onto another question.
ASK THE CUSTOMER A QUESTION if you need more information
If you need more information from a customer in order to create a helpful response, you can press the 'Ask the customer a question' button. Once you click 'Respond' on a task, you'll see the option to 'Ask a question'.
REPORT if you find it inappropriate
If you see any content that is inappropriate or sensitive information (such as an email, address details, credit card information etc.) from either a customer or an ambassador, please select REPORT – our team will review the content and remove it from the app.
BUILD ON if you’ve more information to add
If you feel that a response created by another Ambassador needs more information, you can add on to the initial response during the 'review’ process. We call this a BUILD ON. Only BUILD ON if you know that the answer given is inaccurate or incomplete and you have further information that will add value.
Ok, how exactly do I perform a BUILD ON?
You’ll be able to BUILD ON to a response the same way you answer a question – i.e. by typing into the ‘response field’. When you are doing this, take care not to contradict the response you are building on. You can start the build-on with phrases like "Hi, you may also like to know that…." or "In my experience, I have also found this.......to be very helpful." You can find more information on BUILD ONS in the Knowledge section, once you log into the app.
Remember you can earn money on a BUILD ON too. Other Ambassadors will review all the responses associated with the question, the points and rewards will then be split based on the voting outcome.
To summarise, what are my voting options?
- LIKE if you think the response is correct
- DISLIKE if you think the response is not correct
- BEST ANSWER when the response is clearly, unquestionably awesome and can't be improved upon. We use these answers to train new Ambassadors and to improve our online Knowledge Library
Ok, any tips for creating great responses?
Follow the Limitless 5-step approach
STEP 1:: Thank the customer for taking the time to contact Outlook.com and always have a friendly close so the customer feels welcome to get back in touch if they need to.
STEP 2:When you need more information to provide a helpful response and resolution, use the ‘Reply and keep conversation open' button on the app.
STEP 3:Make sure you answer all points if there are multiple questions, structure your response into sections so it’s easier for the customer to read.
STEP 4:As well as providing the customer with the relevant information, include the Outlook.com support links as reference.
STEP 5: Personalise the response, make it your own! Share your experience and stories
Check your spelling & grammar
Remember to do your spelling and grammar checks. A poorly worded response will reflect badly on the brand and ultimately on your customer satisfaction rating.
Make sure you use the Knowledge Library in the app
Once you are in the app, use the Knowledge Library to help answer queries. It is populated with relevant templates to standard queries. Simply type a relevant word into the search bar and you'll find relevant links to your question. You can use the templates in the Knowledge area to supplement your responses, but please don't forget to personalise and add your own knowledge and experience of using the service. Customers will appreciate it.
You’re all set to take our ‘All About Limitless’ quiz. Good luck, you've got this!