Read this and you'll be ready to answer questions from other customers, and earn rewards and points through our app. Here’s a quick recap of what you’ll do as an Ambassador.
- RESPOND to questions in your task list
- REVIEW answers from other Help Advisers
- EARN money and rewards when you answer a question and it’s been reviewed as the right answer
- RECEIVE CUSTOMER RATINGS on your answers, which will be displayed on the app as your rating
And what topics can I NOT answer?
- Any complaints about the coach, driver, route or ticket
- Amending bookings
- Refund requests
- Marketing, charity or sponsorship requests
- Negative feedback
- Codes not being able to redeem
Ok, take me through the topics I CAN answer
Do you have a timetable for…….?
When customers ask for a time table or travel schedules, advise them to use the journey planner on the website. The journey planner can be found on the left hand side of the website (http://www.nationalexpress.com/home.aspx). From here you can book both domestic and European (departing from UK/Eire) journeys.
- Routes and journeys are only available to book 6 months ahead. We can inform customers of this and advise them to check closer to the time of their planned journey.
- When you advise a customer on a journey, make sure you enclose the link to where you found the information: http://www.nationalexpress.com/home.aspx
The coach tracker is a handy app that keeps customers up to date with your coach departure and arrival locations as well as ticket information. The customer simply enters their coach number (found on ticket) or stop name into the box and they will be able to find out exactly where their coach is. You can also find all information here: http://coachtracker.nationalexpress.com/
TIP: Educate your customers of this feature, as this will help them in future to track coaches and routes!
Fares tend to be more expensive when travelling at peak times - so advise customers to try altering their journey time to avoid the busiest periods.
As fares differ depending on demand, changing your day of travel lowers the journey cost. Advise customers to search for their journey as early as possible, but at least three days in advance, as that will mean there is more chance to find the lowest fares.
Funfares are National Express’ lowest priced tickets, exclusively available online, on a limited number of routes. The earlier you book, the more likely you are to enjoy the lowest prices.
These great value funfares are now available on over 300 routes up and down the country. No further discounts are available on funfares.
For people who have a Senior Coach Card, Tuesday is a great day to travel! With our £15 day return, you can travel anywhere in the UK (excluding airports) when you book 3 days in advance. Plus, Tuesday's a much quieter day, so you can explore the UK at your own pace.
- If you're 60 or over you can purchase a Senior Coach Card to save 1/3 on standard fares to hundreds of towns, cities and airports across the UK.
- If you are aged between 16-26 or a full time student there is a Young Persons Coach Card. We also offer a Disabled Coach Card.
- The Senior coach card is £10.00 valid for a year. The Coach Card can be used when travelling to/from an airport.
- Besides this, there is also the Young Person Coach Card, the Disabled Coach Card and the 2 family coach cards on offer.
Money-back guarantee: If you don't save the cost of the card in a year, then you can claim a refund for the full cost of the card.
Finding stops using the 'stop finder'
Customers might ask for help about where their nearest coach stop is.The stop finder can be found here: http://coach.nationalexpress.com/nxbooking/stop-finder
Always explain to the customer how you have found the nearest stop and include a direct link to the stop finder in your response. There will be situations that you might have to go back to the customer for some more information before we can answer their question. Just use the ‘Ask customer for information’ option when you ask for some more details on their query.
Group travel offers & 2 for 1 offers
- Whether you're planning a day trip or weekend away, or are lucky enough to be jetting off abroad on holiday, there are fantastic offers when travelling in a group. Travel to anywhere in the UK, including airports and events, in a group of four or more and save 25% on standard fares.
- You can also travel between London's four major airports for just £20 each one-way when you travel in a group of three or more.
- Are you visiting some of London’s finest attractions or restaurant, have a look if there is a matching voucher for you to bring along. All you need to do is select your event on the website and redeem the voucher. Bring it together with your National Express ticket on arrival and enjoy. http://www.nationalexpress.com/waystosave/2for1/london.aspx
Vouchers & Discount codes
When customers have been given vouchers or discount codes and they have questions about applying these codes, or about the expiry date of the vouchers, make sure you check the latest update in the Knowledge base, as these promotions change and instructions on how to handle will be given.
Launched online on the 20th of March, Skimmer allows visitors to the UK unlimited travel on National Express coach services within England, Scotland and Wales, for a set period of days.
Skimmer can now only be purchased from abroad. It is not shown as a product for sale on the UK website. Skimmer replaces the ‘Britxplorer pass’, and if anyone has already purchased a Britxplorer pass they can continue to use it until it expires.
Ready to take the National Express quiz? We know you are!
Let's do this, Ambassador!