Read this and you'll be ready to answer questions from other customers, and earn rewards and points through our app. Here’s a quick recap of what you’ll do as an Ambassador.
- RESPOND to questions in your task list
- REVIEW answers from other Ambassadors
- EARN money and rewards when you answer a question and it’s been reviewed as the right answer
- RECEIVE CUSTOMER RATINGS on your answers, which will be displayed on the app as your rating
Great, what topics can I answer?
And what topics can I NOT answer?
- Any complaints about the coach, driver, route or ticket
- Refund requests
- Marketing, charity or sponsorship requests
- Negative feedback
- Codes not being able to redeem
Ok, take me through the topics I CAN answer
Do you have a timetable for…….?
When customers ask for a time table or travel schedules, advise them to use the journey planner on the website. The journey planner can be found on the left hand side of the website www.nationalexpress.com/home.aspx From here you can book both domestic and European (departing from UK/Ireland) journeys.
- Routes and journeys are only available to book 6 months ahead. We can inform customers of this and advise them to check closer to the time of their planned journey.
- When you advise a customer on a journey, make sure you enclose the link to where you found the information www.nationalexpress.com/home.aspx
The coach tracker is a handy app that keeps customers up to date with their coach departure and arrival locations as well as ticket information. The customer simply enters their coach number (found on the ticket) or stop name into the box and they will be able to find out exactly where their coach is. You can also find all relevant information here
TIP: Educate your customers about this handy feature, as this will help them in the future to track coaches and routes!
Restricted fares, Standard Fares and Fully Flexible fares
There are different types of tickets, which you need to be aware of in order to help customers.
- Restricted fares are available online only, are not amendable or refundable and will only be available on certain journeys. They are low priced, but also cannot be amended.
- Standard fares are non refundable but can be amended, a £5 amendment fee is applicable and an excess fare may also apply.
- Fully flexible fares can be amended free of charge and as many times as required. They are refundable and can be cancelled no less than 72 hours in advance of travel. Add-ons are non- refundable, but the fare paid is fully refundable.
You can amend the time and date on your ticket, prior to travel, by visiting www.nationalexpress.com/myticket Amendments can also be made at any one of our 2,000+ agents across the UK. However, we are unable to amend tickets via email.
Fares tend to be more expensive when travelling at peak times - so advise customers to try altering their journey time to avoid the busiest periods. As fares differ depending on demand, prices can change every day. Advise customers to search for their journey as early as possible, but at least three days in advance, as the earlier you book, the more likely you are to enjoy the lowest prices.
- If you're 60 or over you can purchase a Senior CoachCard to save 1/3 on standard fares to hundreds of towns, cities and airports across the UK. The Senior coach card is £10.00 valid for a year.
- If you are aged between 16-26 or a full time student there is a Young Persons CoachCard. National Express also offers a Disabled Coach Card.
All information about CoachCards can be found at www.nationalexpress.com/offers/coachcards/senior-coachcard.aspx
You might receive queries from customers about CoachCard discounts not applying to the travel fare.In such instances, you can advise the customer to check their ticket type. This is because CoachCards are not valid with Restricted fares, Multiride tickets, Season Tickets or special offer fares. They are also not valid on Hotel Hoppa, Eurolines, Ulsterbus, Third Party or special event services.
Money-back guarantee: If you don't save the cost of the card in a year, then you can claim a refund for the full cost of the card.
Finding stops using the 'stop finder'
Customers might ask for help about where their nearest coach stop is.The stop finder can be found at http://coach.nationalexpress.com/nxbooking/stop-finder
Always explain to the customer how you found the nearest stop and include a link to the stop finder in your answer. There will be situations that you might have to go back to the customer for some more information before we can answer their question. Just use the ‘Ask customer for information’ option in the app to get more more details about their query.
Group travel offers & 2 for 1 offers
- Whether you're planning a day trip or weekend away, or are lucky enough to be jetting off abroad on holiday, there are fantastic offers when travelling in a group. Travel to anywhere in the UK, including airports and events, in a group of four or more and save 25% on standard fares.
- You can also travel between London's 4 major airports for just £20 each one-way when you travel in a group of 3 or more.
- Are you visiting some of London’s finest attractions or restaurants? Have a look if there is a matching voucher for you to bring along. All you need to do is select your event on the website and redeem the voucher. Bring it together with your National Express ticket on arrival and enjoy your stay www.nationalexpress.com/waystosave/2for1/london.aspx
Vouchers & Discount codes
When customers have been given vouchers or discount codes and they have questions about applying these codes, or about the expiry date of the vouchers, make sure you check the latest update in the Knowledge base, as these promotions change and instructions on how to handle will be given.
Launched online on the 20th of March, Skimmer allows visitors to the UK unlimited travel on National Express coach services within England, Scotland and Wales, for a set period of days.
Skimmer can now only be purchased from abroad. It is not shown as a product for sale on the UK website. Skimmer replaces the ‘Britxplorer pass’, and if anyone has already purchased a Britxplorer pass they can continue to use it until it expires. You can find more information on www.nationalexpress.com/en/offers/skimmer.aspx
How to amend your ticket
You can change the date and/or time of your booking prior to travel, by visiting www.nationalexpress.com/myticket There are 3 different ticket types: restricted fares, standard fares and fully flexible fares. Please check your ticket type to see if it's amendable.
Restricted Fares cannot be amended. Restricted fares are available online only, are not amendable or refundable and will only be available on certain journeys. Standard fares can be amended, a £5 amendment fee is applicable and an excess fare may also apply. Fully flexible fares can be amended free of charge. There are no restrictions on how many times a Fully Flexible ticket can be amended.
Amendments can also be made at any one of our 2,000+ agents across the UK. National Express is unable to amend tickets via email.
Queries regarding changing the name on your ticket
The name on the ticket does not matter as the driver does not have a list of passenger names. The driver will only see the ticket number and journey reference codes on his list, so please advise the customer not to worry about the name on the ticket being incorrect - as they'll still have a valid ticket for travel.
Ready to take the National Express quiz? We know you are!
Let's do this, Ambassador!