Get going in 5 simple steps
to learn how to use the Limitless app
the Limitless quiz
how to help
your Microsoft quiz
on the app
to get up to speed
What's in it for me?
Read all learning modules,
and complete all the quizzes
to earn your first $10 on the app
For every query you answer on the app
which gets positively reviewed by other Ambassadors
Great. What do I have to do?
You have 2 simple tasks as a Microsoft Ambassador on Limitless – it’s super easy!
1. RESPOND to questions
In the app, you will find questions from customers. To earn money and points you just need to write a helpful response back. If you are not sure of the answer you can use the Knowledge Library in the app anytime.
To send your answer, you'll see 2 options - 'Respond & keep conversation open' and 'Respond & end conversation'.
- Choose 'Respond & keep conversation open' if you need more information from the customer in order to answer their query effectively. This button enables you to ask the customer a question and keep the conversation going. By keeping the conversation open, you can own the whole coversation with the customer and earn the maximum fee allocated for resolving the question.
- Choose 'Respond & end conversation' if you can help resolve the customer's query in one single response. Please note that if you use this option to prematurely to close the case when the customer needs further help, the customer can then reopen the question and you might risk losing a portion of the fees allocated to resolution. So, make sure you've addressed the customer's query completely before using this option in the app.
2. REVIEW responses by other Ambassadors
Reviewing is a key part of being in the Limitless Community. You will see tasks in your app labelled REVIEW. To review you just need to read the response another Ambassador has created and vote on it.
Remember, an Ambassador only gets paid if the review provided by peers is positive, so please review fairly. You would want them to do the same for you.
Additional useful tips for answering on the app
Select a response code when answering a query
Once you've created the perfect answer for the customer on the app, there are 2 important steps you need to follow.
- Select a response code: Select a response code from drop down option available on the app.
- Select the right option to send the answer: Choose 'Respond & close conversation' if you've resolved the query, choose 'Respond & keep conversation open' if you need more information from the customer to help them.
- Proof read your answer: Once you've clicked the relevant 'send' option, you are taken to the Response preview page. Here, you'll have a chance to proof-read your answer before pressing 'send'.
Super. What else do I need to know?
PASS when in doubt
If you’re unsure how to respond to a question, don’t worry. Select the PASS option and move onto another question.
REPORT if you find it inappropriate
If you see any content that is inappropriate or sensitive information (such as an email, address details, credit card information etc.) from either a customer or an ambassador, please select REPORT – our team will review the content and remove it from the app.
'Respond and keep conversation open' if you need more information from the customer
FORWARD Press this button if the question needs to be answered by Microsoft's Customer Service team. Please FORWARD only if you are certain you cannot help the customer. In most instances, you would need to ask the customer more questions to identify the real issue.
BUILD ON if you’ve more information to add
If you feel that a response created by another Ambassador needs more information, you can add on to the initial response during the 'review’ process. We call this a BUILD ON. Only BUILD ON if you know that the answer given is inaccurate or incomplete and you have further information that will add value.
Ok, how exactly do I perform a BUILD ON?
You’ll be able to BUILD ON to a response the same way you answer a question – i.e. by typing into the ‘response field’. When you are doing this, take care not to contradict the response you are building on. You can start the build-on with phrases like "Hi, you may also like to know that…." or "In my experience, I have also found this.......to be very helpful." You can find more information on BUILD ONS in the Knowledge section, once you log into the app.
Remember you can earn money on a BUILD ON too. Other Ambassadors will review all the responses associated with the question, the points and rewards will then be split based on the voting outcome.
What if I am unable to help the customer?
If you find questions that you cannot answer as an Ambassador and need to route it to the brand's Customer Services team, press FORWARD on the app.
If the customer insists that he/she needs to speak with someone, please use this template so they can contact Customer Services directly: Thank you for contacting us today! I'm sorry to hear (FILL IN CUSTOMER QUERY). You'll need to speak to the team who can access your account and personal details securely. They will be able to help you further. Please go to this link: https://aka.ms/rerouteABOffice. You will need to sign-in to your Microsoft account on the first screen after clicking on the link. They are available 24/7. Please get in touch if I can help you with anything else. Kind regards, Ambassador's name
If the customer insists they cannot access their online account, then please provide them with the following number: 1-800-642-767638 and ask them to stay on the line to get connected to a Customer Services agent who will help them out.
Please note that you should only use this template if the customer has specifically asked to speak with someone from the Customer Services team.
To summarise, what are my voting options?
- LIKE if you think the response is correct
- DISLIKE if you think the response is not correct
- BEST ANSWER when the response is clearly, unquestionably awesome and can't be improved upon. We use these answers to train new Ambassadors and to improve our online Knowledge Library
Show me an example
Customer Question - I want to know if my subscription is on automatic billing. Please help.
Thank you for getting in contact with us, I am happy to help. In order to find out whether your subscription is on automatic billing, you need to log into your account, find the relevant subscription, and then select Payment and Billing > Change. From this, you will be able to see whether or not you are on recurring billing because it will give you the option to change it.
If you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to us again.
Hi. You need to go onto the payment bit of your account and then you can see in there whether you are automatic.
Hope you’re having a good afternoon!
Thanks for getting in contact with us, I’m very happy to help with your query! I understand that navigating your subscription can be a bit confusing – I’ve been there myself – but it’s relatively simple, so let me show you how.
In order to find out whether your subscription is on automatic billing, please follow these steps:
- First you need to log into your account with your credentials.
- Then, find the relevant subscription on your account (if you have more than one).
- At the top select Payment and Billing, then click Change.
- This allows you to see what subscription plan you’re currently on – including whether or not it is automatically billed – and also gives you the option to change the terms of your plan should you wish to.
I hope this helps you, but I would be more than happy to answer any other questions should you have them. Good luck and once again thank you for contacting!
Ok, any tips for creating great responses?
Your goal is to respond to the customer’s query, make them feel valued and show that you care that they have taken the time to get in touch. It's that simple! It’s your personality and brand passion that will really make the difference in your responses. We rely on you to be natural, warm and polite to customers.
Follow the Limitless 5-step approach
STEP 1: Thank the customer for taking the time to contact
STEP 2: If you need more information to provide a helpful response, don't hesitate to use the 'Ask the customer a question' button on the app. You'll find this option, once you create a response and press 'the paper clip' icon to send the response.
STEP 3: Make sure you answer all points if there are multiple questions
STEP 4: If appropriate send links to where useful information can be found online
STEP 5: Personalise the response, make it your own! Share your experience and stories
Use the Knowledge Library
Everything you need to know is in the Knowledge Library - general information and common questions. Make sure you do your research before answering.
Check your spelling & grammar
Remember to do your spelling and grammar checks. A poorly worded response will reflect badly on the brand and ultimately on your customer satisfaction rating.
Make sure you use the Knowledge Library in the app
Once you are in the app, use the Knowledge Library to help answer queries. It is populated with relevant templates to standard queries. Simply type a relevant word into the search bar and you'll find relevant links to your question. You can use the templates in the Knowledge area to supplement your responses, but please don't forget to personalise and add your own knowledge and experience of using the service. Customers will appreciate it.
You’re all set to take the ‘All About Limitless’ quiz. Good luck, you've got this!