As an Ambassador, you'll help other Vodafone customers and earn cash rewards through our app. Here’s a quick recap of what you’ll do on the Limitless app.
- RESPOND to customer questions in your task list
- REVIEW answers from other Ambassadors so they get paid
- EARN money and rewards when your answers are reviewed positively by the community
- RECEIVE CUSTOMER RATINGS on your answers, which will be displayed on the app as your rating
Great, what topics can I answer?
- Set up and use voicemail
- Set up Voicemail messages or text notifications
- How to change voicemail greeting
- Enquiries around why credit is lower than expected
- Enquiries regarding why customers have lost some of their credit
- How to top up mobile phone and broadband
- Display amount of credit left
- Enquiries around internet set up
- Enquiries around why internet isn't working
- How to improve slow speeds on WiFi
- Issues around recording on Vodafone TV
- Issues with multi-room on Vodafone TV
And what topics can I NOT answer?
- Account management - enquiries that can only be resolved with access to the customer’s account details
- Payment related enquiries - e.g. setting up payment plans
- Complaints – anyone who wishes to make a complaint
If you receive any enquiry which falls into one of the categories above, please respond using this template: "Thank you for getting in contact. Unfortunately we are unable to assist you with this type of query. Please contact the live chat team between 8 am & 10 pm (Monday-Sunday). You can also leave a query on our Community Forum, Facebook, or Twitter page where a member of support will be in contact."
As a rule of thumb, if the answer/advice can be found on the Vodafone website, then you can respond to the customer with the relevant information. Rather than simply sending a website link to the customer, you should always try to find the answer to their specific question. Remember, Ambassadors should never ask for personal customer data such as account numbers etc. If the customer shares any personal data, please use the ‘Report’ function on the app to bring it to the attention of the Limitless team.
Ok, take me through the topics I CAN answer
Set up and use voicemail
Voicemail is automatically set up for customers, all they need to do is dial 171 to access their messages. Now they can activate their diverts. There are three ways to activate these diverts:
- Log on and change diverts on My Vodafone
- By changing some settings on their mobile. View mobile manual to find out how to do this.
- Enter a few network codes into their mobile phone.
The codes for activating/deactivating diverts, as well as other helpful prompts can be found in the Knowledge Library.
How to find the mailbox number:
The customer’s mailbox number can found by putting a '5' between the third and fourth digits of their mobile number. For example, if their mobile number is 0871234567, the mailbox number is: 08751234567
Voicemail messages and notifications
Customers can choose from two different notification methods, voice call or text message. When abroad there are charges for receiving a voice call notification. However, using text message notification is still free. Customers can change how they are notified through both 1) mobile and 2) another phone.
How to change voicemail greeting
Customers can record a personal Voicemail greeting, so their friends, family and colleagues are more likely to leave messages for them. They can do this from their mobile as well as from another phone or country. Note: The customer’s personal greeting must be at least 5 seconds long.
Detailed instructions on how to record a personal greeting can be found in the Knowledge Library in the app.
Enquiries around why credit is lower than expected AND why customers have lost some of their credit
- Data charges: Customers can check if they have gone over the allowance that they have in their monthly top-up offer. Charges for usage outside of the allowance can be found here. Also, if the customers are using their phone to tether, or using the hotspot function, they need to make sure they are using the live.vodafone.com APN as this is the only one covered in their offer allowance. The customer can check this in their handset settings.
- Premium Texts: Some competitions and other services operate on a subscription basis, sending the customer jokes, sports results or similar content by text message on a regular basis, in exchange for credit. For details on how to unsubscribe from such services and contact information for the content provider, please visit the Comreg website, then enter the 5-digit number the text comes from.
How to top up mobile phone and broadband
The customer can top up through 4 different channels:
- My Vodafone App: The easiest and quickest way to top up is through the My Vodafone App. The My Vodafone App page gives the customer all the information they need to download the app.
- Quick Top Up: With Vodafone, the customer can do a quick top up without calling into a store. Simply log onto My Vodafone or call 1741 option 2 and top up directly. While there, the customer can also save their payment card details and use other quick top up services. Once their details are saved, the customer can now top up in the following ways:
- Automatic Top up
Display amount of credit left
Online: On My Vodafone, the customer can see their remaining call credit and view their top up history.
In App: If the customer has a smartphone they can download the My Vodafone app for free and check their balance on the go!
On the phone: Simply type *174# and press call or send. The customer will see their credit immediately – and the text is free.
Enquiries around internet set up
Where do I find my wireless WPA key?
The WPA Key is the case-sensitive password customers will need to access their wireless network broadcast from their Vodafone modem. The WPA security key is located on the label on the back panel of customer’s Vodafone wireless modem.
When will my broadband go live?
Once the customer’s telephone line has been activated, it takes up to 15 working days for broadband to go live (although the average time is only 10 working days). A Vodafone modem will be issued once the broadband order has been accepted. Modem deliveries take up to 3-4 working days. Customers will receive a text message once this has been despatched. To find out when installation is due, customers can log in into their Self-Care account using their Customer Number and email address to see all the order details there.
How long does it take to set up broadband?
Before Vodafone can activate a broadband service, the customer’s landline will need to be switched over to Vodafone. This can take up to 10 working days (the average time is 5 days). Once that happens, the broadband service will be switched on (or switched over) to Vodafone within 15 working days (although the average time is only 10 days).
Enquiries around why internet isn’t working
If the customer is having an issue with their broadband service, then they can try the interactive Device Guides, which includes some of these troubleshooting steps:
The power lights are off: If the modem is plugged in and the power switch (usually at the side of the modem) is turned on, try turning the modem off and on again.
Reset the modem: If the customer is having difficulty connecting to the Internet or if they have changed the modem's password and have since forgotten it, then they can restore their Vodafone broadband modem to its default settings. (Note: the default modem password can be found on the sticker at the back of the modem)
The LAN lights won’t come on: Please check the Ethernet (yellow) cable connected to the LAN port on the modem is not damaged. If it is okay, then try the cable in a different LAN port on the back of the modem.
More solutions and details can be found in the Knowledge Library in the Limitless app.
How to improve slow speeds on WiFi
If the customer is experiencing slow speeds it is crucial to distinguish whether their connection is slow or whether their WiFI environment is causing the speed issues. To do this, they need to follow the steps below:
- Bring their laptop beside their modem.
- Connect their yellow ethernet cable to their modem and their laptop.
- Go to www.speedtest.net and run a speed test.
Issues around recording on Vodafone TV
Is the memory on the main TV box less than 5%? The main TV box’s recording capacity might be full and some older recordings may need to be deleted in order to make space for new ones.
How to check the storage? Click menu on remote > settings > general > system information > right click to system resources. Disk usage at the bottom of screen advises what percentage is left.
Has the programme that did not record been correctly set up for Series Record? Check scheduled viewing list (Click recordings on their remote control > use right arrow to go to series) and ensure the TV show the customer wanted to record is listed. Alternatively, if the TV show is currently on, it should have this recording symbol on it for season record (multiple red dots). Single red dot is for single episode record.
Issues with multi-room on Vodafone TV
If the customer is having problems with their multi-room on Vodafone TV, advise them to check the lights on the front of their multi-room TV box. If these lights are on and lit in the correct sequence, please suggest the following:
- Ensure that the correct source/input is selected on their Television (Non-Vodafone TV) remote control and that this source is receiving Vodafone TV.
- Turn the multi-room TV box off for at least 30 seconds, then power back on – the power light will turn Orange first, then turn on the TV box using their Vodafone TV remote control. The light sequence detailed above will appear and the customer should now be able to see their Vodafone TV loading screen.
You will be able to find more troubleshooting steps in the Knowledge Library once you’re signed up on the Limitless app.
Remind customers to send their feedback to Vodafone
At the end of your conversation, please remind the customer to provide feedback on their experience. Use a line similar to "We would be grateful if you could spare a few minutes to provide us with your feedback on your experience."
Ready to take the Vodafone quiz? Once you complete the quiz successfully, you can then register on the Limitless app.